Tuesday, August 25, 2009

UNPREDICTABLE

Life, a God given gift each day for many. Life, a mysterious journey that is filled with ups and downs for humanity. Life, is so unpredictable. At times life seems like the most amazing turbulence free flight known to man, yet in a matter of seconds turbulence forces its way in, testing every bit of our strength and most of all our faith. In recent days I have come to the realization that I take my life for granted entirely too much. I often find myself complaining about my hectic schedule, ranging from work demands, speaking engagements, family needs, my child’s activities, that I rarely pause and recognize how precious life is. A disheartening fact is I feel that too often I find myself rushing about my life that I frequently miss God’s simple blessings that daily come my way. Whether it is a ray of sunlight that beams down on my face, a sweet kiss on my check from my daughter, a gentle hug from my wife, or a kind word of encouragement from a friend, I seldom pause to realize how blessed I am. Too often I play the victim, often complaining how difficult life can be, when I need to bring the craziness of life to a halt, take a deep breath, and simply enjoy all that God has given me. A great tragedy that often happens to me personally and much of humanity is that it takes tragic or disheartening news to wake us up to the reality of how precious life is. A phone call, a medical report, a troubled email, at times brings us an intense reality check of how much we take our life for granted. Today I found myself once again, renewing a conviction in my life, to take life at a slower pace, to enjoy the conversations I engage in a little bit more, to slow down and actually chew my food, but most of all to enjoy being present for all life deals me. I pray you will join with me to take moments throughout our day to pause, take a deep breath and simply gaze around at this beautiful life God has given us.

Live to Love.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C