Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Greatest Leaders

Going on my 12th year in ministry there has been a conviction developing deep within my soul. All my life I have been taught that success is defined but what you are able to purchase and acquire. Nice cars, Nice house, Nice clothes, all seem to define what the American Society defines as success. As of this last year I have witnessed the definition of success, and what it means to be a good leader drastically change in my opinon. A good leader does not sit back and observe their success, they do all they can so others can even become more successful. The greatest leaders in my eyes are those that mentor others to become greater. A great tragedy not only in American Society, but also in most churches is that the senior/lead pastor works so hard at developing their own success and managing the church agenda, that they leave their staff behind. This tragedy is found just about in every area of influence in American society. I have made a vow, that I am going to do all I possibly can to work with others so that they might become more successful than I ever could be. If they preach I want them to become a better communicator, if they lead a team of staff I want them to be a more effective leader than I am. When they are involved in community affairs, I want them to be known for caring more about the community than I ever did. Could you imagine the change that would take place in not only the land of the free but also across the globe if we did all we could to help others further their success?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C