Monday, December 7, 2009

Please Remember

As I sit in my recliner next to my fire place with a blanket draped across my lap my mind wonders....A couple of minutes ago i went outside to get something out of my truck, and literally could barely stand the cold. Instantly I began to think about my homeless friends that live out on the streets. My heart breaks knowing that here I sit in the warmth of my home and some of my friends literally are freezing outside in the elements. Tonight, I ask that you join with me in lifting my friends up in prayer. I have witnessed first hand what the cold climate can do to some of my friends out on the streets. I remember one morning I went to check on my homeless friend Manuel. Fighting the cold, I made my way to his shack. Honestly, as I approached his shack I prayed that I would not find my friend, Manuel an elderly homeless man dead. As I approached his camp I quickly yelled out his name. After a few minutes the door to his tin shed slowly opened. After talking to Manuel for a couple of brief moments, I asked him if he needed anything. Much to my amazement he said, "Chad, do you have a drink of water?" I will never forget what he did next. He pointed to a milk jug that rested on the dirt floor of his shack, it was completely frozen due to the weather. Tonight as you lay in your bed, please remember my friends out on the street.

"I mean, I don't think I'm alone when I look at the homeless person or the bum or the psychotic or the drunk or the drug addict or the criminal and see their baby pictures in my mind's eye. You don't think they were cute like every other baby?"-Dustin Hoffman

I also ask tonight that you remember each human being is God's child...

Live to Love.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C