Sunday, December 13, 2009

RECEIVE

Christmas, wow what an interesting season. A time when we should pause, and reflect on the gifts that surround us daily, for some reason has become a time of chaos, increase stress, and an absence of joy. I mean let's be honest, I don't think Christ desires Christmas to be a time of long shopping list, even longer check out lines, and an increase in the amount of stress we carry, but we do, I do. In all honesty this is the first time I have really looked forward to Christmas in a long, long time. I can say in all truthfulness that our family has the right heart and the right focus this year. We are not focused on purchasing the right gift for the that special person, we are simply focusing on the true purpose of Christmas, Christ presence, not presents.

One thing that I am personally focusing on this year is being able to receive. I have the hardest time receiving gifts....Is it my pride? Is it my profession? Is it me being pacified? Sadly enough it is all three...


Read with me Luke 2:1-10 At that time the Roman emperor, Augustus, decreed that a census should be taken throughout the Roman Empire. All returned to their own ancestral towns to register for this census. And because Joseph was a descendant of King David, he had to go to Bethlehem in Judea, David’s ancient home. He traveled there from the village of Nazareth in Galilee. He took with him Mary, his fiancĂ©e, who was now obviously pregnant.
And while they were there, the time came for her baby to be born. She gave birth to her first child, a son. She wrapped him snugly in strips of cloth and laid him in a manger, because there was no lodging available for them. That night there were shepherds staying in the fields nearby, guarding their flocks of sheep. Suddenly, an angel of the Lord appeared among them, and the radiance of the Lord’s glory surrounded them. They were terrified, but the angel reassured them. “Don’t be afraid!” he said. “I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people.

Mary had to receive to be a blessing to all of humanity, by giving birth to our Savior.

I guess to sum up my thoughts, John 1:12 does it best “Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.”

I want to receive more than ever, not presents but His presence.

Live to Love.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C