Wednesday, April 21, 2010

EXCEED

Growing up, my competitive nature constantly increased. I did all I could to push myself past my complacent tendencies. I wanted to beat the best, I wanted to become the best. As I have matured in faith, I have to admit my competitive nature still raises it's head, but there is another driving force that resides in the depths of my soul. My heart has changed from wanting to be the best, to helping others become better than me. I wholeheartedly believe there are too many lead pastors in America that are concerned about their own status, and neglect their staff. It has been a deep conviction in my soul, to be able to witness people I have discipled do greater things than I possibly ever could. I must quickly admit that this no theory of my own, in fact the one many of us follow, Jesus said in John 14:12 "I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father." In other words Jesus was saying, every Spiritual Father's Ceiling should be their Spiritual Son's floor. That is my prayer for the people I serve with. As you go throughout your life, I pray you find a great sense of joy as you help others become better than you were.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C