Friday, April 2, 2010

James 2

Reading James chapter 2 inspired me and convicted me all in the same breath. James chapter 2 verse 8 reads, "Remember His call and live by the royal law. It's the very heart of Scripture: Love others as you love yourself. You'll be doing very well if you can get this down. The sad reality is at times I'm biggest personal fan and yet at other times I'm my worst enemy me. What I mean by that is there are times when I love myself greatly, and yet there are other times when I am completely in disgust of myself. With that comparison in mind, that is exactly how I treat humanity. At times I can be the most compassionate person to be found, loving my family and those I encounter with the upmost respect and admiration. Then at times, I treat those I encounter in a way that is far from the love of Christ. As my faith deepens the later, happens less and less which I am thankful for. As you journey on down in James chapter 2 verse 20 cuts to the depth of my being. It reads, "The fact is, belief has to show itself through works performed in faith. If you don't recognize that, then you're an empty soul." I pray that I am never categorized as an empty sou

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C