Friday, April 9, 2010

The Love Movement

Today was an extremely tough, yet extremely moving day for me. Today I had the privilege to officiate the celebration service of a church member's family member. Unfortunately, the person that passed away died as a result of an accidental overdose. Even in the midst of this tragedy, I must say although I didn't know the person personally, today I was truly impacted by the way she inspired humanity. She lived a simply life, faced many struggles including imprisonment, the death of her son, her husbands imprisonment, and battles with addiction, yet her love for humanity was breathtaking. The chapel overflowed with people that her life impacted. As a result of her deep compassion to all those she encountered I have been impacted and convicted in a great way. I just wonder what might happen to this world if we would truly take time for those we encounter. I just wonder what would happen to this world if we served humanity in a way that truly reflected the heart of Christ. This week I want to challenge you to do something uncommon for someone without them knowing who did it. Maybe this week you find yourself in a local fast food restaurant's drive thru, I challenge you to buy the person's meal that is waiting in line behind you. Simply tell the cashier that you are a part of the love movement. Maybe there is someone you know that needs to be encouraged, send them a card in the mail and sign it the love movement. Maybe the elderly lady next door needs her yard mowed, when she leaves to run errands take time to mow her yard and place a note on her door signed the love movement... There is countless possibilities each day for us to share the love of Christ. My prayer for all of us is that we would leave this world better than we found it.

Will you join the love movement? I would love for you to place in the comment box other ideas you might have to help keep the love movement going!

Live to Love,
-c

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C