Friday, May 7, 2010

Revelation in the midst of turn of events

Yesterday and early this morning confirmed in my life the reality of how rapid life can turn. My day was quite busy as a result of getting all the preparations I needed to get done before I attended my wife's R.N. Nursing ceremony. As the hours of the day sped away I found myself having the great honor of pinning my wife with her Registered Nurse pin. When I first met my wife she didn't even have her GED and now I was witnessing her graduate from college. It was a time of great joy, yet even in the midst of this time of great joy my daughter started to get sick. As the hours of night continued to fade away she got more and more sick. So sick that at 4am this morning we were calling the emergency room to seek advice whether or not we should take her to the hospital. After quite some time her temperature decreased and we were able to get about two hours of sleep. As I read the holy scripture today I came across 2 Peter 3:14 which reads
"So then, dear friends, since you are looking forward to this, make every effort to be found spotless, blameless and at peace with Him."This scripture really gave me a sense of peace and a good dose of inspiration. This portion of scripture inspired me that regardless of how fast events in our life turn, the reality is the one thing that matters is that we are at peace with Him. If we are at peace with him we are able to love those we encounter properly, enjoy life the way we are suppose to, and most importantly worship our creator with our entire being. As I live each day, I am going to do all I possibly can to be at peace, and live with expectancy.

Live with Expectancy...
Live to Love
--C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C