Friday, June 25, 2010

DISRUPTION

As life continues evolve many of us if we were to be honest get sucked into a complacent routine. We wake up at the same time, we eat at the same restaurants, order the same food, watch the same tv shows, drive the same way to work each day, and the cycle continues...As a result of our consistent routine boredom overshadows us and we begin to take our life for granted. We take our family, friends, our job, our freedom, and so many other blessings reigned down from God for granted....In recent days I have been strongly moved by a word that I believe will help not only myself but many others.....DISRUPTION....When we think about disruption usually the next word to shortly follow is DRAMA....but what about a positive spin on disruption...is it possible? I believe so...This past week I challenged our staff to disrupt their life and share about...Here is my disruption....

DISRUPTION
There are several things I did differently this week

I took different routes to work

I didn't watch one television show that I am use to watching

I was able to sign off on my second book I have been working on since January so it can be published in the next two weeks.

The flooring in my house is really really bad, so my wife and I went to check out new flooring at one of the local floorscapes places. We found some we loved but honestly all of them were out of price range. I couldn't believe how expensive it has become to replace flooring. With a new baby on the way, and all the preparations and needs that come with it, we just didn't see it being possible. As we continued to search we found flooring that I believed in my heart that I could install myself. That statement in itself is quite funny because I am totally not the handy man type. As a result of a couple of good friends, countless hours of chaos and hardship, we have part of the floor in place. I must admit, it has been chaos, and much harder than I anticipated, but the disruption has brought a great sense of joy in my life, because I actually get the beautiful opportunity to see something completed.

When is the last time you allowed disruption to come into your life and bring about positive results...

Live to Love.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C