Saturday, August 28, 2010

21/21 and Chapter 1

So last Sunday I challenged or church to a 21/21 challenge, where we read a chapter of the Gospel of John a day for the next 21 days. I am so incredibly behind in my blogging and posting, due to me being out of town for two days this week, and trying to play catch up. But enough of the excuseS, I am going to post my daily thoughts for the last week to get back on track.

There are so many different ways to study God words, for instance, check out the following video. It's that simple click on a video or audio link of the Bible and BOOM you have just been exposed to the WORD OF GOD! It is such a great tragedy that many of us neglect this great freedom!

There is so much about the book of John that I absolutely love. I LOVE the fact that right from the get go John makes a powerful declartion that Jesus, the Word, is God. John is so straightforward with his declarion that it would be hard for the common person not to understand what he was saying.
Then I love as we journey along in chapter one we read about John, who was sent by God to testify. He came as a witness, a voice piece, to bear witness for Jesus. What an incredible job John did in staying the course of his mission, even to the point of death.
Another interesting piece about John, is that in John 1:15 it reads : John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' "
As I move down to verse 21 of John it kind of makes me laugh, I mean it was like John was on a game show called a 100 questions. WHO ARE YOU, WHY DO YOU DO WHAT YOU DO?
Then I love when John sees Jesus walking and in great clarity says BEHOLD THE LAMB OF GOD, WHO TAKES AWAY THE SIN OF THE WORLD. What an incredibly powerful statement.
I love what happens in John 1:37 So, John is now with two of his disciples and John is saying to his disciples, they're standing there talking, he says, "Behold, the Lamb of God." Then verse 37 states “And the two disciples heard what John said, and they followed Jesus” Shouldn’t that be the goal for all of us, as we do life with others, as we build relationship with others shouldn’t we guide others to Christ? I am so greatly challenged by the way John lived his life to point people to Christ, he even pointed his own disciples to Jesus.
One of those disciples happened to be Andrew, the brother of Peter. There isn’t a whole lot about Andrew that is revealed in God’s Word, but one thing I can conclude is when we do see his name he is bringing people to Jesus. There is no doubt in mind that he was disicipled well by John, because he is doing exactly what John had trained them to do.


Live to Love.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C