Saturday, August 28, 2010

21/21 chapter 6

In John chapter 6 we notice that Jesus was attracting a lot of people as a result of him performing the various miracles. Some of them were truly passionate about Christ, others not so much but they were still in attendance. One of the things that grabs me about Jesus is he didn’t just pick people that had all the talent, he reached people from all walks of life, all cultures, all statuses, and all ages. As we continue to read in chapter 6 we see once again Jesus allowing someone to be apart of this miracle demonstration. He uses a little boy’s lunch to demonstrate an incredible miracle. What’s interesting about the young boy is he could have responded in 3 different ways. The first way he could of responded is by saying “you know Jesus, I traveled a long way to hear you, and my mom packed this lunch for me, I’m going to eat it all.” The second way he could have responded is, “Jesus I don’t mind sharing with you, but let me eat first and I will give you my left overs.” Don’t we do that as Christians at times? Jesus I want to serve you, but let me do my thing first? OUCH! Lastly the young boy could of responded in the manner he did which is to say, “Jesus I will give you all my lunch.” I love the reality that Jesus met the peoples’ physical needs he displayed an enormous amount of compassion for the people’s needs. When is the last time you met someone’s physical need?

Live to Love.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C