Monday, March 7, 2011

Yes there may be chaos out there.

It seems like lately every time I blog, I first must apologize because of my absence from blogging. This time I wont apologize, I will simply say that I have not blogged, wrote anything for my upcoming books,or read anything other than the Bible in quite some time. I wanted to focus on detoxing from so many recent events that have consumed my time and focus on simply being present when I am present with my family, instead of banging away on the keypad of my computer or having my nose stuck in a book. Although I will continue to focus on first and foremost my relationship with God and my family, I have once again started reading.

Currently I am reading a book that is extremely challenging and thought provoking. Although I wont give you the name of it, because I feel it is not for everyone to just pick up and start reading I will share a quote with you from it. The text states "yes evil may well exist-there may be chaos out there somewhere-but at least, thank goodness, we are all right, we are not immediately threatened by it." This statement could not be more truthful. In fact if you have read some of my published articles this is exactly how I have responded to evil in the past, but not anymore.

I remember as if it was yesterday seeing the twin towers being destroyed over and over on the any and every news station. The sad reality is when I was tired of looking at it, I simply turned it off by flipping the channel on my television. It wasn't until I put my feet on the land that surrounded ground zero in New York that I was truly influenced. I saw up close and personal the destruction, the faces of those that had lost their lives, and the notes that had been left behind by family and friends. Tragic to say the least, yet it began to change me.

For those of you that know me, you know I am extremely passionate about stopping the violence not only in our city, but also in the world. Call it a fairytale dream, or whatever you wish, but it is a passion of mine that I can't shake as a result of years of being blind to violence and the damage it causes. Last week once again, the world was reminded of the devastation that occurs as a result of violence.

Last week, Im sure you heard about the Clint Dobson, the pastor in Arlington that was murdered, I beg you to pray for his family and the church community that he once led. Please pray that will find healing in this tragedy and in due time they will respond to this tragedy with an aggressive love, doing all they can to make a difference to silence the silence and stop the violence.

In closing, I want to remind you of the quote that I shared with you:
"yes evil may well exist-there may be chaos out there somewhere-but at least, thank goodness, we are all right, we are not immediately threatened by it."

Do these words resemble your innermost feelings or thoughts, or are you willing to be different, to get involved, to stand up on behalf of justice?

Live to Love.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C