Friday, May 27, 2011

New Lego Box

Early this morning my Ash and double trouble aka (Alexis and Sadie) caught a flight to Houston to surprise Ash's Grandma for her 80 birthday. Today I spent most of my day tackling some household projects, and tonight I was able to catch dinner with my great parents. Throughout the night, my father and I talked about sports, and the fond memories that we made during my athletic career, but more importantly than my sports accolades were the conversations that centered around my childhood friends. I found this portion of our conversation the most intriguing. My Dad and I would constantly say, "I wonder where they ended up?" Then I would mention another person and my Dad would say, "Hmm, I wonder what they are doing?"

Sadly enough don't we do that as Christians as well? Life gets busy and we disconnect from our community. We lose touch, and eventually the body of Christ as a result of our selfishness looks like a box of new legos waiting to be connected.

As a new day arrives, I dare you to catch up with somebody that you haven't grabbed a cup of coffee with in a long time, make time for that person that God has placed on your heart for weeks, or simply enjoy community some how, some way.

Live to Love.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C