Friday, June 17, 2011

Let it never be said I was silent...


William Wilberforce, a leader of the movement to abolish the slave trade once said “Let it NEVER be said, that I was silent, when they needed me” William Wilberforce describe my heart exactly.  Tonight I had the great honor to be one of the speakers at the Freedom Walk. I was not only moved by hearing Terry, one of our staff share his story, but also by the fact that young people are moving into troubled neighborhoods in our city to make a difference, instead of responding like most and moving away from the problem.

Tonight I was able to speak about stopping the violence in our city. Below is what I shared tonight with community, the reality that all of us must A.C.T.



1 [ACCEPT THE RESPONSIBILITY]

2 [COLLABORATE WITH OTHERS]



3 [TAKE ACTION]

Helen Keller, an American author, was the first deaf/blind person to earn a Bachelor of Arts degree.
She once said, “I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something; and because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.”


I DON’T KNOW ABOUT YOU, BUT I WILL NOT REMAIN SILENT,IM GOING TO MAKE SOME NOISE, IM GOING TO SILENCE THE SILENCE, IM GOING TO DO ALL I CAN TO STOP THE VIOLENCE.

LIVE 2 LOVE.
C

1 comment:

  1. You both did an awesome job of sharing your hearts at Freedom Walk. This quote of Helen Keller's has always been one of my favorites. If she can be that "one" with all her difficulties, how could any of us be any less?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C