Saturday, July 2, 2011

Rearview Mirror

The day after my 16th birthday, which meant I had been driving approximately one day, I broke the only rule my parents gave me why operating my vehicle. While trying to impress one of the cheerleaders at my high school, I remained silent and didn't tell her to get out of the bed of my truck. For the sake of attempting to be cool, I popped my truck into reverse and pressed the gas without looking in my rearview mirror. In a split second I was quickly aware that there was something in my rearview mirror, a nice big extended cab truck. With one day of driving experience under my belt I somehow did the unthinkable, I had a wreck.

Time and time again I have shared with communities across the country that we have to move pass our past. I still stand  by my statement, yet I do think it is healthy to look back in the rearview mirror of our life to remind us how far God has brought us, and to remind us past mistakes to remind us to not make them again..

Today I was able to look in the rearview mirror a little bit, it was convicting, inspiring, and a time of hope.

Make some noise.

C


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C