Thursday, July 14, 2011

RIP

I just caught the news, and once again I find my heart in pieces. 


Check this story out from bigcountryhomepage.com 


An Abilene mother admitted on the stand Thursday that her 4-month-old got in the way of her life so she got rid of him.

That is what Ashley Hatfield said on the stand when she was asked by prosecuting attorneys in her sentencing hearing.

Hatfield killed her 4-month-old baby boy in may of 2009 by placing him face down on a over sized pillow then going to get on a computer to visit multiple social websites.

She admitted that she did do it on purpose. It was her husband, a Dyess airman, who found the baby in the crib not breathing.

Hatfield will spend 15 years in prison.


There are very few things that make me absolutely furious. Catching someone keying a car, violent husbands, judgemental people, and most of all precious children being violated and even murdered are just a few occurrences that push me to a platform of being overcome with anger. After reading this article, to be honest I got so angry I teared up. 


I beg you to brainstorm with me on how we can help reach people such as this lady before they commit senseless acts. We have got to do more. 


Though I don't know your name 4 month old baby boy, I promise you I will not be silent, you did not die in vain. Rest in peace angel. 


MAKE SOME NOISE.


C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C