Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Get Lost

In a few minutes the day of Thanksgiving will shortly begin. I am so grateful for Thanksgiving, in fact it is probably one of my favorite holidays simply because it is a time of great times with family, great food, and great conversation. But in recent days one thing that has disturbed me is the increasing attempt to distract us from this beautiful holiday. At one time it was Black Friday that disturbed me as I watched time and time again on the news consumers being trampled on by others trying to get that incredible deal. Yet, this Thanksgiving is even more disturbing as a result of the sales starting even earlier. Don't misunderstand I am all about great sales, but what is so alarming is the fact that we can move so rapidly from a time of thanksgiving to a time of stress and chaos as we race down the aisles to get that great present for Christmas. My prayer for all of us this Thanksgiving is that we don't get lost in consuming material possessions but we get lost in the beauty the day brings. Because of each of you, I have reason to be thankful.

Enjoy the moment, you'll never get it back.
C

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C