Friday, March 16, 2012

Nothing like home

Currently I'm out of town closing out the Spring Break week with my family. Usually as a result of our schedules we rarely find ourselves out of town. But when we do travel it is quite the event as a result of the great amount of stuff we have to take with us to make sure lil Sadie's needs are taken care of. Yet beyond the mass preparation it takes to travel, the lengthy hours in a car with a toddler and a pre-teenager, and the unfamiliarity with the things that surround us there is always something that is never quite right. Even as I type, once again I'm surrounded with that "it's not quite right" feeling as a result of being in an uncomfortable hotel room that never feels like home. My home is a place of comfort, security, and refuge. Over the years I have slept in countless hotel rooms as a result of being blessed to speak across the U.S, yet not one time has one of those rooms I stayed in felt like "home."
Much like an average hotel room that just never feels like home, is our life when we step outside of God's will. It just doesn't feel like home. I pray as you close out your week, regardless how far you have traveled away you will remember theres no better feeling than being at "home," right where our Creator wants you.

Make some noise.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C