Sunday, April 29, 2012

a lesson from a candy bar and ice cream

Have you ever been waiting in line at a checkout in a grocery store and see a kid throw a fit because he couldn't get the candy bar that the store so covertly put next the register? I remember a few weeks ago, I was checking out at a local grocery store when I witnessed the above scenario. The poor mom said to her son, "Son if you will just wait till after we get dinner you can get an ice cream with  a candy bar in it." Like most kids would react, the little boy continued on his screaming escapade.

As I left the store I thought that poor kid, if he would have just waited he could have had candy and ice cream all in one. The sad reality is many of us are just like that poor little boy that wanted that candy bar so badly. We want our temporary desires to be filled so desperately that we fail to recognize the fact that something better is on down the road.

Join us at Mission Abilene in a few hours as we address this very topic.

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C