Tuesday, July 21, 2009

HANDICAP


As my life progresses, as my age increases in numeric value, the frailty of life becomes more real, more apparent. On a simple journey to the local supermarket, mall, or even convenience store my eyes quickly observe cars that have handicap license plates fastened to their bumpers. My mind begins to drift towards the curiosity of what illness, what infirmity, what disadvantage, has brought the owners of the handicap marked vehicles to this point. Is it old age? Is it an illness since birth? Was it a car wreck or accident? Then the scales instantaneously fall from my eyes, a quick revelation becomes present in my mind. The only difference between the owner of those automobiles and myself is their car quickly reveals that they are handicap; my car conceals my handicap, which causes people to think I’m healthy. Yet, in my innermost being there is no difference between the visible handicap and myself. Yet I am no different than anyone else. Everybody has some type of obstacle, some type of disadvantage, some type of hindrance that stands in our way of truly being whole. It is a fact that God does not always remove the handicap, whether spiritual or physical, but He does however give us the ability to overcome our handicaps, yet so many refuse. But to those that chose to allow Christ to overcome the handicaps in their life, there is an indescribable liberation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C