Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Chase

All my life I have lived on the edge, not only pushing my body to the limit but also my lifestyle. I must confess I am an adrenaline junky, I guess that is one reason why my wife can’t pry me away from the television when the television show Cops or Dog the bounty hunter are on. I love the chase. The excitement of apprehending the bad guy, which in turn makes the streets a little bit safer, fuels me. Along the same lines this is one of the reasons I love Jesus with my entire being. As I have matured in my faith I am constantly overwhelmed with the reality that God is the ultimate bounty hunter. He pursues all of humanity until the chase ends. The bounty hunt will always end or will end in three ways: the person gives up and confesses Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of their life, the person dies and they face eternal judgment, or Jesus returns and divides the crowd into His faithful and His adulterers. Regardless if my life begins to crumble, regardless if family members desert me, or financial struggles began to strangle me, there is one constant that remains, Jesus love overpowers all. My life and lifestyle growing up reflected many similarities as the sinful woman that was spoke about in Luke chapter seven. After wiping Jesus’ feet with her tear and hair, she anoints him with perfume. Jesus quickly recognizes her brokenness and humility, which was just the opposite of the unhospitalable host. Jesus closes out the story by stating in verse 47 “Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—for she loved much. But he who has been forgiven little loves little." I will be the first to admit that I have been the one with many sins that have been forgiven, that is why I love not only Jesus with my entire heart, but his people, all of humanity. In April of 1997 I surrendered my life to Jesus, I intently didn’t say I gave my life to Jesus. I surrendered it. Which means I relinquished control of my life. I must say it wasn’t an easy surrender, Jesus had quite a fight on His hands but in the end he won. Who is Jesus to me, the greatest forgiving bounty hunter ever to exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C