Friday, October 9, 2009

Backup

As I write traveling to the metroplex I am currently pondering today's current event. I don't know if you had time to pause today and catch the news but there was a 2 hour hot pursuit that originated near the metroplex. As I became aware of the news I quickly texted one of my buddies that is a a Dallas police officer to ask him if he was involved. He wasn't, but my conversation with him stirred a thought up inside me. When cops find themselves in an uncomfortable situation they immediately call for back up. What doesn't make sense to me is at times most Christians find themselves in an uncomfortable or dangerous situation we don't call for backup from our christian brothers or sisters. I mean didn't Jesus even have backup for the majority of the three and a half years he journeyed around doing ministry? When is the last time you paused and called for backup?
Live to Love,
c

1 comment:

  1. Very true! I think we fear one another. We want to seem strong, having it all figured out not letting our guard down. in fear of judgment!!!!!!!!!!!maybe?????????

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C