Monday, October 19, 2009

In The Chains

Throughout life we are often faced with struggles that come into our lives unwelcome. Sickness, death of a loved one, loss of job, an end to a lengthy relationship are some of things that imprison us from time to time. All too my often in my life when i am chained down by a struggle I have spent entirely too much energy questioning God's presence, purpose, and provision. "Why God did this happen? What did I do to deserve this? Are you even there God? These statements sadly enough have been present in my thought life at one time or another. As I pause and really ponder about my times of struggles, a revelation has become apparent to me. That Jesus is in the chains. All too often I complain about the chains, instead of embracing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C