Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Disobedience to Prompting

In life God prompts us to do things, the sad tragedy is even me a so called church leader is disobedient at times. My grandmother, a woman of faith has been extremely sick for the last couple of years. A few days ago she was rushed to the hospital like numerous times in the past. As a result of my schedule I had two speaking engagements yesterday one that was 6 am in the morning I decided to leave today to go see her. I was not at peace with my decision but felt it was best since I was so tired. I felt like for safety purposes it was the best decision. About an hour in to my trip this morning my mom called me and told me that my grandma departed from this life. I am currently about 45 minutes away time of my arrival. As I continue to drive down the highway I have laying in my lap a card my beautiful daughter it reads grandmother I love you so much I hope you make it to Heaven safely. Although it is great relief knowing my grandmother was a woman of faith and did arrive to Heaven safely, I still have an overwelming sense of feeling of guilt that is overshadowing. I write all of this to say kiss the ones you love, cherish the breaths that you share together. Most of all when the Holy Spirit prompts you to do something, do it immediately in obedience. Sometimes in life you don't have a second chance to submit to a specific prompting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C