Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Stressful Transitions

Needless to say that many of you know that my household is changing. In 5 months, The Mitchell household is expanding. Ash and I are really excited about the addition to our family. Along with our household changing there are countless other things that we have to do to get our house in order. It seems like every lense we look through lately, there is quite an extensive amount of stress that overshadows it. The first transition was removing my home office out of my home, so needless to say my garage looks like a used furniture store. Then we moved Lexi into the bedroom where my office was. It was a joy to see my little girl excited about her new room that is much bigger than her previous one. Secondly, honestly it seems like everyday we get some sort of bill in the mail. Finances have been very tough for us lately, Ashley currently finishing up her R.N. degree, and us unfortunately not having insurance to pay for the birth of our new child. The recent transitions are something that I have not known previously, my life was comfortable for quite some time. I guess honestly for well over two years now. As I pause, and slow down my pace, and attempt to block out all the levels of tension that stress brings...there is one reality that keeps me moving. The reality is that Christ hasn't brought me this far in life to abandon me. For those of you that are struggling, that are being weighted down by the shadows of stress, keep moving....Christ is present.

2 comments:

  1. God will provide brother. Praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm...Those last three words say it all, I guess. "Present" seems to be my watchword lately. Seems like I keep running into it--maybe as reminders to stay in the here & now...where He is. Not too far in the future or lost in the past. God's wisdom thru your words...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C