Sunday, April 11, 2010

Consumer vs Contributors

I'm sitting here on the couch in the study which looks into the sanctuary at my church. It's about an hour away before our service starts. As I set here trying to be still, trying to respect what little quietness that can be found, which isn't much. I find myself overwhelmed with reality. In the echos of the hall I hear a couple of our greeters welcoming people into our church. I hear the hospitality volunteers asking people how they are doing as they extend a cup of coffee to them. I hear the worship team doing sound check, making final adjustments before things get underway. The reality that I am struggling with is there are literally 350 plus people that will receive a bulletin, a cup of coffee, or at least be exposed to the worship music. Yet how many of us truly take time to serve? I find it a constant theme in the American church that we are so much more comfortable being consumers rather than contributors. I want to challenge you to be a part of the love movement, don't just be a consumer be a contributor.

Live to Love
-c

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C