Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Sea of Opportunities

Life as we know it is filled with so many beautiful opportunities. Yet one of the most tragic occurrences in human history is so many of us refuse to seize these times of beauty. A couple months back I had a vision to write a third book, I remember sitting down with my wife and sharing this deep sense of conviction. As I hesitated in the midst of our conversation I shared with hesitancy that I wanted to contact a well known sports author, to see if he wanted to collaborate in this project. Today I was able to see my vision become reality as that sports writer and I completed most of the final touches on the book. In just a few short months, I have witnessed first hand that when you step out in faith dreams not only can come into fruition, they can become a distant goal in the past. Almost a year ago I had the great honor to watch my first project come into existence, and almost a year later I am going to have the beautiful opportunity to watch my second project be published. When my life here on earth comes to a close, my deepest desire is that I am remembered for two things. The first is that I left this world a better place than I found it, secondly that I was willing to adventure in a sea of risk to see my dreams not only be accomplished, but achieved in such a way that they far exceed my greatest expectations. As you look in the mirror, I challenge you to ask yourself, "what am I waiting for, what is keeping me from chasing after my greatest dreams?" Is it the fear of failure? Rejection? Fear of unknown?

My prayer for each one of us is that we do not allow ourselves to be bound from achieving our dreams.


Live to Love,
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C