Tuesday, September 7, 2010

John 14 21/21 challenge

John 14 is truly rich of great insight into the heart of Jesus

John 14 I can’t tell you how many times I have read or heard the below passage in my lifetime. It is consistently read at celebration of life services. Even though I have both heard and read this passage countless times it never gets old. The reality that Jesus is preparing a place for all of us that chose to follow him is breathtaking.
"Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know."
As we move on down the story, Jesus declares that his work will continue even though he must go to the Father.
"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it."
Once again Jesus gives us all a beautiful leadership lesson. His desire was for his followers become more successful than he was. I echo this desire, it brings incredible joy to my spirit to see people get it, and do things so much better than I EVER could. I wholeheartedly believe that every spiritual father’s ceiling, should be their spiritual son’s floor.
Although Jesus’ promise seems nearly impossible, when you really think about it, more people came to the faith during Peter’s first sermon then the amount of people that were converted during Jesus entire ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C