Friday, September 10, 2010

John 16 21/21

In John 16 we look at Jesus once again explaining what is to come.
In John 16:5-7 it reads "But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, ‘Where are You going?’ But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you."
The piece of passage above is quite interesting. Jesus recognizes that it is difficult for the disciples to take all the news in, and Jesus understands that it causes them pain. What is interesting in this portion of passage is that Jesus reveals to his disciples that he has a plan, and the plan is good, and it will help them out in the future. (The Healer is to come)
Then journey on down till you find the words "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."
Even though a person becomes a Christian, doesn’t mean that they won’t ever encounter tough times. But Jesus words “I HAVE OVERCOME THE WORLD,” provides all of us confirmation and hope that Jesus is still in control, although he departed from the land, He is still with us and loves us. Even in the midst of our issues, he is ever present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C