Friday, September 10, 2010

John 17 21/21

In John 17 we come across Jesus praying.

In verses 4 and 5 of John chapter 17 Jesus prays with incredible confidence, “I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work, which You have given Me to do. And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was." Jesus clearly communicates to the Father that his work is done, he’s ready to head home. I pray that at the end of my time, I will have extreme confidence that I did all the work that was set out for me to complete. One of the great tragedy’s of life is so many lay on their death bed awaiting death in a sea of regret.
Jesus transitions his prayer to focus of his followers. He ask for God to keep his followers safe from the enemy and to keep them on target as one. What is really awesome about His prayer is He prays for you and I as well, "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word.” How incredible it is to know without a doubt that Jesus prayed for us. WOW

Live to Love
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C