Tuesday, September 14, 2010

John 21 21/21 challenge

John 21 host one of my favorite stories of all time, Jesus’ disciples were out doing what they knew best fishing. Yet this time they were having absolutely no luck catching anything.

John 21:4-6 reads “But when the morning had now come, Jesus stood on the shore; yet the disciples did not know that it was Jesus. Then Jesus said to them, “Children, have you any food?” They answered Him, “No.” And He said to them, “Cast the net on the right side of the boat, and you will find some.” So they cast, and now they were not able to draw it in because of the multitude of fish.”
What is so brilliant about this story is they were obedient and as a result of that obedience they were rewarded. Yet that is not my favorite part of this passage.
We find my favorite portion of the story in verse 15-16 we read “So when they had eaten breakfast, Jesus said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me more than these?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.” He said to him, “Feed My lambs.” He said to him again a second time, “Simon, son of Jonah, do you love Me?” He said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.” He said to him, “Tend My sheep.”
Through this act, Jesus once and for all in front of humanity restored Peter. Three times Jesus allowed Peter to proclaim his love for his Savior, sound familiar? Three times Peter denied Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C