Tuesday, June 21, 2011

REVERB





Since 1997 I have had the great honor to travel the country and share not only my story but more importantly the story of the redemption that comes from my Savior. One of my greatest concerns about being able to travel and speak at events is the reality that I am only there for a short amount of time, then in a split-second Im traveling home.  


Recently, as I have engulfed myself in stuff for the stop the violence movement, one of my catch phrases has been "we're going to make some noise." Aa a result of researching so much about making noise, I stumbled across the word "reverb," which is used a ton in the music world. 


REVERB- the persistence of sound in a particular space after the original sound is remove....


I absolutely love this word, because it is such a cool, intriguing word.


As Christians our life mission can be summed up as a case of reverb. Christ not only walked this earth, gave up his life on this earth, rose to new life on this earth, he left his presence on this earth. Muck like the guitar amp that causes reverb as it hovers in an empty room, we should reverb Christ. I pray that as I travel to new events, my prayer will be simply, "Lord may there be a movement not only why I am present but also continue to reverb in my absence."


MAKE SOME NOISE, SILENCE THE SILENCE! STOP THE VIOLENCE!


LIVE TO LOVE.
C



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C