Monday, July 18, 2011

LOVER NOT A FIGHTER

The last few days, well to be honest the last 11 days have been quite enlightening and painful.

All my life I have heard the old saying "I'm a lover not a fighter,"the sad reality is most of my life I have lived just the opposite I have spent more of my days fighting people instead of actually loving them. For the last 11 days I have watched my "Unkie," fight for every breath. My Unkie has been through so much, he has been stuck with a needle to check his levels every hour, countless xrays, medicines, and the intense oxygen mask that is absolutely horrible. Today I sat in and listened as one of his doctors gave him the news that his final chapter was nearing a close. As tears rolled from his eyes, I witnessed an 84 year old man want nothing more to live, he wanted nothing more than to fight. This week, or weeks have been so tough, in fact to be completely honest some of the most difficult days of my life. BUT I have learned a life lesson in these last 11 days. I have learned that we are called not only to be a lover but also a fighter. As people of the faith we are called to love humanity but we are called to fight injustice, fight for freedom, fight against poverty, and so much more.

This week I learned that I want to be a lover and a fighter...May God grant us all strength to endure...

Make some noise.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C