Wednesday, November 11, 2009

BEAUTY

As my age progresses in years my perspective on true beauty has evolved. As a young teenager I stood firm that beauty was found in having the right designer clothes, the right hairstyle, and the right car. That true beauty meant that you were in great physical shape,had the perfect smile, and were greatly desirable to be around. Sadly enough my shallow mindiness prevented me from the most natural beautiful people. Today beauty in my eyes has greatly changed. Today I find beauty in sacrifice, service, and the greater desire to take care of humanity. Those that work endless hours in a soup kitchen, those that take time out of their chaotic schedule to mow the widow's yard, those single mom's that struggle to maintain for their children, beauty surrounds up minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day. The great tragedy is our perspective of beauty has been greatly tainted by magazines and media and cause us to neglect the presence of true beauty. Martin Luther King, Jr. once said " Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable... Every step toward the goal of justice requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals." 
My question not only to you but also to myself is, are we truly dedicated individuals on search for the greater good for humanity?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C