Thursday, November 12, 2009

Somebody Else's Shoes

Elvis Presley once said, "“Don't criticize what you don't understand, son. You never walked in that man's shoes.” This quote has stung me for years. The reality is too often I tell people I understand how they feel, or I understand what they are going through...but do I really? When I reach out to people in the name of Christ do I really take the time to see where they are coming from or better yet what adversities they have faced in their lifetime? The first part of Galatians 6:2 states, "Carry each other's burdens," in other words scriptures calls us to walk in other people's shoes. Scriptures asks us to do life with others as they experience the good, the bad, and the ugly...Take a few seconds and pause, ask yourself, "when is the last time you walked in somebody else's shoes?" 

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C