Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Cycle of Life

This weekend I was exposed to a great truth that set my mind to racing. Growing up infants totally depend on their parents to provide for them. In fact, it is not unknown to the common person that a baby requires a care giver to perform numerous tasks on their behalf to maintain their well being. Changing diapers, preparing bottles, and giving baths are just a few of these common tasks. Yet as both the infant and the parent mature in age a natural transition begins to take place. As the adult ages, the once infant son or daughter begins to slide into the caregiver role. Unfortunately age has really caught up to my grandparents and both my grandma's and grandfather's health are declining rapidly, so rapidly that they depend on their sons to take care of them. At one time in life my father depended on my grandparents for his well-being and now they depend on him and his other brothers for their well-being. This weekend I witnessed first hand the cycle of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C