Sunday, November 29, 2009

Flying Solo

Life at times can be furiously crazy. Crunched schedules, child's activities, everyday responsibilities can all cause one to stay on the move. All too often I find myself complaining about my chaotic schedule, yet there is one thing that I greatly like about my schedule is it surrounds me with people. Since I was a child I hated being alone, even till this day I would much rather surround myself with family and friends, then find my self entertained by the silence of being solo. In fact, I must confess I have only attended one movie alone in my lifetime, and rarely have ate at a restaurant alone. Sadly enough even though I hate being alone, I have come to conclusion that I need to enter that arena more often. Throughout Jesus' life he was often pulled in so many directions as a result of meeting the needs of humanity. Yet even though his presence was requested continuously, he still made it a point to escape and be solo with His Father. If you search the scriptures you find a ton of people that flew solo. Check this out...

Abraham left Ur, and finally his kindred, and he was alone with God.
Moses was sent to the backside of the desert of Midian, and at the burning bush he was alone with God.
Elijah was disciplined by the Brook Cherith, and God was with him.
Jeremiah walked a lonely path, but God was with him.
John the Baptist was in the desert alone, but God was there.
Paul had two years of solitary confinement on that same desert-that was God's opportunity to train him.
The apostle John was exiled on the lonely isle of Patmos. But God was with him.

Let's be honest, there are so many people that desire to have a great prayer meeting or other great gatherings. But I have to ask myself "Chad, when is the last time you flew solo with God?"

1 comment:

  1. It's hard and intimidating to fly solo with God but it's the most amazing thing I have ever done - to seek out solitude with God.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C