Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Pursuit

The Pursuit-an effort to capture

Have you ever thought what this world would look like if the majority of people would be persistent in the pursuit of their dreams? I am deeply moved and humbled by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. In the face of countless adversities, trials, sacrifices, and moments of success Dr King never waffled from his pursuit of his dreams for humanity. I think that is one of the most beautiful aspects of Dr. King, his dream was not self-centered, his dream was not to better himself, but all of humanity. Because of Dr, King I am able to worship at a multi-ethnic church community, have some of the closest friends a guy could wish for that are African American, and truly enjoy the vast differences that humanity brings to the table. Tomorrow as we honor MLK I challenge you to reflect on your dreams, be inspired by Dr. King, and his pursuit of his dream, and most importantly, sacrifice on behalf of your dreams to make this world a better place than when you found it. May you never give up on the pursuit of your dreams.

3 comments:

  1. Have to admit that I hadn't paid that much attention to the words of MLK till I met you. And over the last few years, his life, his message, and his dream has gained so much meaning to me personally. I love that he passionately pursued his dreams without putting anyone beneath his feet. He was a true messenger of peace. And I love that (from growing up in a "white" town) I don't really think in terms of black & white or even brown when I consider my friends. That's not a factor...just a fact. It's so much more about character than color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. just curious as to what your feelings are regarding Dr. King's numerous adulterous affairs and womanizing; his plagiarism of his doctoral dissertation and famous "I Have a Dream" speech; and his abhorrent theology, including denial of the virgin birth and resurrection?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew I do agree with you there is a lot about MLK that the majority of people do not know, There are many things that he did that I wholeheartedly do not agree with, but I do have to applaud his efforts for his pursuit for equality.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C