Sunday, March 7, 2010

Difficult Day

Wow, what a difficult day it was. Today I was face to face with the reality of the loss of my pastor and mentor growing up as I viewed him laying lifeless in a casket. Questions still at this moment invade my conciousness as I wonder why he took his life. In all honesty the sad tragedy is most pastors don't have the same access to the church as the common believer. What I mean by that is most pastors can not be totally transparent with their community about their struggles. Therefore they internalize their struggles and loneliness and depression begins to creep into the depths of their soul. At times I must admit leading a church is lonely, painful, and a bit overwhelming. Yet I will always hold true to the conviction I obtained many years ago, to be honest before my community. Regardless if I experience success or failure, my community will know exactly what I'm experiencing. As you read this I encourage you regardless what you are experiecing, share your struggles and your successes with others. Do not bottle your experiences up, ultimately allowing guilt and sorrow to drown you. As we share our brokenness and triumphs the world is able to glean a better image of redemption that is offered through Jesus Christ.

Live 2 Love.
C

1 comment:

  1. It took me a long time to learn this but I am so glad I did before my thoughts and problems took me this direction. Thanks for being so authentic. It's taught me a lot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C