Wednesday, September 1, 2010

CHAPTER 8 21/21 CHALLENGE

In John 8 I am going to focus on the first story revealed.

At the beginning a trap was attempted to be set. The scribes and the Pharisees brought to Jesus a woman caught in adultery and ask Jesus, “what do we do with this woman caught in adultery?” If Jesus said, “let her go” he would break the law that says terminate her as punishment for her crime of adultery. If he says execute her he breaks Roman law, because Romans had taken the law away to execute according to religious offenses.
Jesus ignores them and writes something into the ground, man I wish I knew what he wrote. It must have been something intense, because the accusers left his presence.
I love this story because this story led to the launch of my first ministry called second chance. After my conversion experience I realized that everybody has stumbled and mad mistakes in life and that many truly desire the chance to start over and live life differently. Then the revelation came to me that is exactly what the Gospel is all about. God through Jesus Christ gives a second chance, just as he said to the woman caught in adultery, “Then neither do I condemn you,” Jesus declared, “Go now and leave your life of sin.” In essence, Jesus says, “I am giving you a second chance.”

Live to Love.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C