Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Salvation Has Come

As I mentioned earlier this week, my grandfather is not doing so well. The team of Doctors gave him less than two months to live. Throughout my faith journey I have prayed and prayed for my grandfather to know Christ as his Lord and Savior. My grandfather, a hardworking man all his life was shot early on in his life in the neck in the Korean War. He returned to the mainland an extremely hardened man. He was very tough on my father and his brothers, and even us grandchildren at times. In the midst of it, we always knew he loved us. Months back I was able to have a private conversation with my grandfather about his faith. It didn't go exactly the way I desired, but I left there knowing I had shared my faith with him.(One thing I have never understood is why it is so difficult to share your faith with your family, even for me a pastor, it has been challenging.) Today joy came to the depths of my soul. A pastor in Odessa that had been visiting with my grandfather on numerous occasions let us know that my grandfather accepted Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior today. Thank you Jesus for being faithful,for you see
I believe as long as someone is breathing there is still hope to be found...

Live to Love.
C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C