Thursday, October 14, 2010

Phil 2

Chapter 2
What an incredible challenge right out of the gate in chapter 2… We should have the same attitude as Christ.

Philippians 2:5-8
You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God
as something to cling to.
Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross.
In chapter 2 as we continue reading we see Paul lay forth another challenge to shine. He tells them to do this without bickering or whining, if they do so they will confirm that they belong to God in the midst of residing in a fallen world.

Philippians2:14-17Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people. Hold firmly to the word of life; then, on the day of Christ’s return, I will be proud that I did not run the race in vain and that my work was not useless. But I will rejoice even if I lose my life, pouring it out like a liquid offering to God, just like your faithful service is an offering to God. And I want all of you to share that joy.

He transitions to writing plans that involve Timothy and Epaphroditus. Timothy will be launched shortly so Paul can be updated on their condition, YET Epaphroditus will depart urgently to them, he was once ill and by God’s mercy has been made whole again.

Philippians 2:19-24
If the Lord Jesus is willing, I hope to send Timothy to you soon for a visit. Then he can cheer me up by telling me how you are getting along. 20 I have no one else like Timothy, who genuinely cares about your welfare. All the others care only for themselves and not for what matters to Jesus Christ. But you know how Timothy has proved himself. Like a son with his father, he has served with me in preaching the Good News. I hope to send him to you just as soon as I find out what is going to happen to me here. And I have confidence from the Lord that I myself will come to see you soon. Meanwhile, I thought I should send Epaphroditus back to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on one of my Chronicles!

Live to Love.
C